Click here to listen to this sermon.
A REFLECTION ON JAMES 4
- The best New Testament companions of the Ten Commandments are the Sermon on the Mount and James.
- Read James 4:1-10
- Friendship with the world and Friendship with God
- Greed as a force that leads to anxiety
- Desire for things
- Murder and Coveting
- 1991 On the streets of London.
- The homeless poor.
- The two I met were would steal and cheat in order to survive.
- Christian witness
- They had never met someone who was a friend of God
- All they knew was friendship with the world
- 1992 Mexico
- My co-worker and brother in Christ in Mexico
- My age, married with three children.
- Karen and I were invited to a meal in his house.
- A small place. Rice, beans and tortillas.
- They shared a feast with us. Hospitality.
- They were friends with God.
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 25 November 2007
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin