Click here to listen to this sermon.
BRINGING IT TOGETHER
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
- The responsibility of words (1-2)
- The tongue (3-8)
- Small and powerful
- Small and dangerous
- Consistency (9-12)
- Wisdom and peace vs. Bitterness and disorder (13-18)
Truth or Lying?
- Telling the truth respects others as important persons.
- Lying demeans and dehumanizes others.
Glue or Acid?
- Truth is a glue that bonds us to one another
- Lying is an acid that corrodes our life together
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 2 December 2007
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin