ON A MISSION FROM GOD
Click here to listen to this sermon.
Let Me Introduce Myself ...
- Paul, A Slave of Christ Jesus
- Called to be an Apostle
Whats an Apostle? (v. 1 and v. 5)
- Set Apart for Gods Good News
A Purpose and Mission
What is good news?
The Reputation of Romans
- Their faith is well known throughout the world
- I am praying that we will have a chance to meet
- A diverse group (Greek, barbarian, educated, non-educated) v. 14-15
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealeda righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
The Rejection of God
- Romans 1:18-23
- Despite what they ought to know, the truth is pushed aside
- Their hearts are darkened
- They claim to be wise but they are foolish
- They worship the created, not creator
The Wrath of God
- Romans 1:24-32
- God gives them everything they desire
- They dishonor themselves
- They reject what is natural
- This results in various vices
- They not only do this, but think well of those who do the same
Everything thats wrong with the Gentiles ...
... is also whats wrong with you.
The turning point in Romans 2:1
Them language changes to You language
Go Back to the Thesis
- Paul is commissioned to be Gods agent
- Paul has a good message news!
- It has the power to save everyone!
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 9 November 2008
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin