YOUR SERVANT IS LISTENING
Click here to listen to this sermon.
1 Samuel 3-7
1 Samuel 3
- Samuel listens to God
Samuel = God has heard
- Time of crisis No word from God
- Elis house will not endure
- Samuel becomes a prophet
Shifts in Succession
The Lost Ark chapters 4, 5, 6
- The loss of the Ark means that God is not with Israel
- It also suggests that there is a power greater than Israel
- Who can rescue God? God.
- This is similar to the Exodus (gold tribute) Philistines learned Pharaohs lesson.
- Cows who would not be separated from calves
- 70 Israelites killed Israel is not Gods keeper.
- This is the gospel also Christ descended and ascended
1 Samuel 7
- Restoration of Israel
Spiritual Revival (fasting, sacrifice)
Get rid of false gods
Overcome Philistia (political threat)
Time of peace
- Samuel becomes a judge
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 19 April 2009
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin