VENGEANCE IS MINE
Click here to listen to this sermon.
1 Samuel 24-26
Saul in Davids Hands (chapter 24)
- Saul is vulnerable
- Davids Men: This is the day God promised Saul is in your hands!
- David cuts of piece of robe but protects Saul: Hes the anointed.
Saul in Gods Hands
- David confronts Saul: God will avenge me!
- David puts the matter in Gods hands
- Saul is humbled by Davids grace
- Who is right? In whose eyes?
- David promises respect to Sauls family
- They part company. The pursuit is over
- Samuel dies
David and Nabal (chapter 25)
- David and his men ask Nabal for hospitality
- Nabal is rude and selfish
- David plans revenge on Nabal
- Abigail intervenes. David trusts in the Lord again.
- Nabal is stunned and later dies.
David in Sauls Camp (chapter 26)
- David and Abishai enter Sauls camp
- Saul is in Davids hands once again
- He calls Abner out and chides him for not protecting king
- David and Saul call for peace
David and Christ
- Christ did not defend himself, but trusted in God
- Christ could have avenged himself, but he trusted in Gods justice
- Christ was rightfully Gods anointed
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 28 June 2009
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin