THE SEEDS OF REBELLION
Click here to listen to this sermon.
2 Samuel 13-14
2 Samuel 12:11-12
Because of what you have done, I will cause your own household to rebel against you. I will give your wives to another man before your very eyes . . .
. . . and he will go to bed with them in public view. You did it secretly, but I will make this happen to you openly in the sight of all Israel.
David, Wives, and Children
Ahinoam was the mother of Amnon.
Maacah, the daughter of the king of Geshur, was the mother of Absalom and Tamar.
- Victim of Amnons lust
- Her future is stolen from her
- She goes public with the crime mourning, shame
- Anger but no justice
- but he [David] would not punish his son Amnon, because he loved him, for he was his first-born.
- Heir to throne
- Amnon did what David did
- Cares for Tamar
- Plots revenge on Amnon for two years
- Kills Amnon and flees to Geshur
- Spy approaches king
- Convinces David to be merciful
- Absalom returns, waits to see king
- Demands justice again
- Elis sons
- Samuels sons
- Sauls family
- Davids family
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 13 September 2009
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin