HEALTHY TEACHING, GODLY LIVING
Click here to listen to this sermon.
Titus part 2
Titus Charge on Crete
- Troublemakers in the church are causing division.
- Paul left Titus on Crete to straighten out what was unfinished.
Titus Unfinished Business
- Appoint elders in every town.
- Someone who is blameless.
- An overseer must be blameless as the steward of Gods house.
A Good Grasp on the Gospel
- So he will be able to encourage others with healthy teaching.
- So he will be able to convince antagonists.
Gods Household: Chapter 2
Steward of Gods House
1:7 For an overseer, as Gods steward, must be above reproach.
- Avoid controversies, arguments, and quarrels (humility and gentleness)
- Avoid foolish desires (grace and righteousness)
- Doing good for others
least effective: arguing/debating
most effective: teaching/influencing
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 17 January 2010
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin