HERE'S A TRUSTWORTHY SAYING ...
TRAINING IN GODLINESS AND HOPE IN THE LIVING GOD
further studies in I Timothy
- Trustworthy Saying 2 - Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task (3:1)
- Family and Character
- Deacons: Worthy of Respect
- Deaconess or Wives (I Timothy 3:11)?
- Romans 16:1
Deaconess or Wife?
- We know that Phoebe was a deacon (Romans 16:1)
- The word in I Timothy 3:11 is wife or woman
- Ordination is not the issue faithfulness is the issue
- Verse 12 continues profile of deacons
Why Leaders Like This?
- ... you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household 3:14-15
- ... in the last times some will turn away from the true faith ... 4:1
- Hypocrisy is alluring because it carries the title of God and gets applause from others
- It does not produce godliness
- Why bother?
- Cant be perfect
- Focus on outward discipline
- Trustworthy Saying 3 4:8 or 4:10
- 4:8 Godliness
- 4:10 Hope and Salvation
- Our trust (faith) is in the living God who saves us all
- Reject silly myths dont encourage senseless prattle
- Train for godliness current and eternal benefits
- Teach and be an example
- Do not neglect spiritual gifts
West-Ark Church of Christ, Fort Smith, AR
Evening Sermon, 28 February 2010
Link to next sermon
Link to other sermons of Chris Benjamin